Friday, March 2, 2007

Pucker up!

I discovered the most amazing lip gloss yesterday. I was at Walgreens picking up dish soap and envelopes, and wandered into the beauty section for an obligatory look-see. I nearly walked past a display of cosmetics right next to the cash register, but a wide range of lip glosses in fun colors caught my eye... not to mention the "2 for $3.00" signs all over the display!!

The brand? InColor by Jordana. Most of you may be unfamiliar with this line, as I was before I joined an online makeup discussion site (I know, it's a sickness). But after hearing about how some of the women love items from this line (we're talking women who usually use nothing but high end brands like MAC or Chanel), I made a vow to give it a shot!

I picked up two of their lip products - their Natural Glaze Lip Shine and their Squeeze n' Shine gloss. Wow. That's all I can say. I'm so impressed with the quality of a gloss that cost me $1.50! The Lip Shine shade I selected was Pink Grapefruit. It's a lovely shade of sheer pink and it smells just like pink lemonade. It doesn't get sticky and I don't have to reapply it every 10 minutes!

The Squeeze n' Shine is equally gorgeous! I chose the Be Coralful shade, which looked like a rather obnoxious shade of bright coral pink in the tube. However, I remembered a makeup buddy saying that this gloss was not highly pigmented and the shades were nice and sheer. And indeed that was the case! The obnoxious shade in the tube turns into a lovely sheer color on my lips and has a hint of sparkle. It has a sweet smell, which I don't mind, but others may find a bit cloying.

(L: Lip Shine in Pink Grapefruit, R: Squeeze n' Shine in Be Coralful)

For a minimal investment of $1.50 per tube, I'm forever hooked on these glosses! I'd love to try some other shades as well. The Natural Glaze Lip Shine comes in four other shades: Raspberry, Mochacchino, Banana Creme and Watermelon. Squeeze n' Shine comes in an additonal five shades: Clear, Lollipop, Peach Sand, Pink Punk, and Honey Luau. Heck, I could try them all for $13.50 - less than the cost of one MAC or Chanel lipgloss! With a value like that, how can you pass?

No comments: