Sunday, March 4, 2007

Puttin' on the glitz

I have an unhealthy amount of shimmery makeup. Anything that sparkles, shimmers or glitters is - in my opinion - to die for! You're probably picturing me walking around like a human disco ball, but the key to pulling off shimmer is moderation. I pick one feature and play that up with a little sparkle. Today I'm going to talk about my favorite shimmery products for my eyes!

Hands down, my go-to shimmery eyeshadows are Bare Escentuals Glimmers. These loose eyeshadows are very sheer and super shimmery - the shimmer isn't obvious, but rather a subdued, grown-up kind of shimmer. You can put them on dry for a super sheer hint of sparkle or you can put them on wet for a more dramatic "foiled" look. If I had to recommend just one Glimmer shade, I'd pick Grace. This shadow is a perfect shade of light beige with a hint of gold. It's perfect for every day.

I also love Wet and Wild's MegaEyes creme eyeshadows. These tiny tubes are $2 a pop, and come in a variety of shades. They are very sheer and perfectly subtle, and they have a lovely shimmer to them. My favorite shade is Cafe au Lait, a neutral beige with a hint of bronze and just the right amount of sparkle. These shadows also are great as a base for layering other shimmery shadows .

Finally, my newest favorite shimmery shadow is Stila Kitten. Again, this shade is a neutral beige with a beautiful pearly shimmer. I just traded a fellow beauty lover for this shade, and have been wearing it every day since then!

Rather than saving your shimmery makeup for nighttime, try it for daytime. But make sure you don't overdo it! Pick one feature to accentuate with shimmer - eyes, lips, cheeks - and focus your sparkly products on that area only. You'll love how you look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so freaking adorable! i love reading your blog!