Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Blushing beauty

It's amazing what a difference a hint of blush can make on your face. In one little swipe of a fluffy brush, you can have a amazingly subtle glow that awakens your whole complexion.

I rarely used to get into trying different blushes. I'd use my old standby (Benetint cheek stain, which works fabulously), and leave it at that. On occasion, I'd experiment with a few other blushes in my makeup bag, but I'd faithfully return to my same-ol'-same-ol' after so long. But that, of course, got old after a while, and it became time for me to branch out.

Thus, I've become a bit blush obsessed. I'm trying colors I never thought I could wear, and have discovered some amazing products that will forever reside in my makeup collection. Granted, I'm not going to abandon the old blush that has faithfully flushed my cheeks for the last 2 years. Instead, I'm embracing change and all the options out there for me to try!

A few of my faves (which I'm sure you'll love, since they are cheaper than cheap!):

Milani Powder Blush in Luminous: This blush shade is a lovely shimmery peach/pink and is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, the company has - for some crazy reason - discontinued their old blushes, and your only option to buy this now is on eBay. But trust me, it's worth it, since it's considered a "dupe" for the highly popular "Orgasm" blush made by NARS.

Wet n' Wild Blush in Naive: When you see the color of this blush in the compact, it might scare you a little. It's a bright pink/coral shade (no shimmer) that looks gorgeous on. But a word to the wise, if you have fair skin, use this with a light hand and a skunk brush or you might end up looking clownish. Price - $2.99 (you can't beat that!)

Jane Shimmering Blush in Peony: If you love shimmer as much as me, this is a perfect blush for you. The color is very sheer and very subtle (it's not as bright as it looks in the compact), and it produces a beautiful glow on your cheeks. I like using this on the apples of my cheeks, especially if I layer it over another color (like Naive, perhaps!). Price - $5.99.

So go out and start your own personal blush obsession. A couple of bucks can get you a beautiful glowy flush that will leave you smiling from ear to ear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog!