Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Innocent fun

Believe me, I'm a die-hard fan of Bare Minerals foundation. So when I say that I've discovered a liquid foundation that I like just as much as my coveted Bare Minerals, you know it's gotta be good!

The product? Chanel's newest addition to its foundation family, Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup. On the Chanel website, they say this product "allows skin's natural glow to show through while it evens out skin tone and helps to conceal imperfections."

Indeed it does! The foundation is very light and fairly sheer, which is why I was shocked at its coverage capabilities. I have a few red marks on my face caused by my bad habit of picking at blemishes (which, thanks to my AHA Souffle, are slowly fading!), so sheer foundations do not usually work for me. But this foundation has a certain creaminess to it, that, even though it's as light as air, covers these red marks remarkably! Instead of having to put on foundation, then a few layers of concealer to hide these marks, I can use my Teint Innocence alone for nearly perfect coverage. With the help of a little concealer, my face looks darn near flawless!

However, this little puppy will put a bit of a dent in your pocketbook. At $42.50, it's not the most expensive foundation out there, but it certainly is up there in the ranks. Fortunately, I don't need to put much on, so it should last me for a while.

A word of advice: ask the Chanel counter for some samples before you take the plunge and whip out your credit card. Like fine wine, foundation is an extremely personal preference - what works for one person may not work for others.

And just so you know, I don't plan on abandoning my beloved Bare Minerals. A girl just needs a change every now and again!

1 comment:

weasel said...

Hey wow cool! Glad to see yer still blogging and it looks like you've more commenters than I've ever managed. WTG Cuz!