Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May's Must-Have Brush

Sorry for the lack of new posts in the last month - the semester is almost over now, so I'll be back to my normal routine!

On to better and brighter topics...makeup!

The right makeup brush can make a huge difference in your makeup application. I thought I had found the Holy Grail of brushes (Essence of Beauty Kabuki) to use for applying my bareMinerals, but I was wrong. Way wrong.

Upon the recommendation of many people on my most trusted source for beauty information, MakeupAlley, I purchased a foundation brush from a mineral makeup e-tailer called Alima Cosmetics. With baited breath, I waited for only a few short days (they have fabulously fast shipping!) for my brush to arrive. If this brush was anything like what I had heard, I knew I would be pleased.

Pleased is a drastic understatement of what I felt after trying the brush. Elated, awestruck, stoked. These words all come to mind. This definitely was the best purchase I made this month, and perhaps the best purchase I've made this year (with the exception of my iPod, but that doesn't count).

The brush is the softest thing I've ever felt. And the densely packed brush head makes for flawless mineral makeup application. Honestly, after doing my makeup using this brush, I don't know how I could ever revert back to my beloved kabuki.

If you get a chance, check out Alima's website. The brush is called #25 Foundation Brush. At $25, it will set you back a few bucks, but you won't regret it!

No comments: