Friday, May 18, 2007

Here's a Secret you'll definitely want to keep...

I walked into my local Sephora store today, and to my sheer and utter delight, I discovered they added two fabulous brands - Make Up For Ever (or MUFE, as us makeup junkies say) and Laura Mercier.

Since it's late and I'm too tired to give you the skinny on both of these outstanding brands, I'll give you the highlights on one - Laura Mercier.

Laura Mercier, renowned makeup artist, has a line that's filled with timeless, flattering, chic products that make you look flawless. Her website says, "Laura Mercier's philosophy is simple. Making your skin look perfect is the first and most important thing you can do to achieve a truly great look. The key is to enhance your natural beauty - accentuate the positive."

Perfect is an understatement. I only have two Laura Mercier products - her Secret Concealer and her Secret Brightening Powder. I can't attest to how perfect her products make my entire face, but I can tell you that my undereye area looks damn near flawless.

I have undereye issues - dark circles, dry skin, fine lines from all the smiling I do... Usually, when I use a concealer, it's too dry, doesn't really hide the dark circles, and creases like mad. But when I use the Secret Concealer, which has a wonderfully thick but creamy consistency, my undereye is moisturized, totally concealed, and...thanks to the Secret Brightening Powder that I use to set the concealer...totally crease free!

Perhaps I should back up there. Do you know that you can "set" your concealer with a translucent powder to help prevent creases and add to the longevity of the makeup? If you use a poor quality powder, the fine lines under your eyes can be enhanced when you set your concealer. But the Secret Brightening Powder is ultra-silky and finely milled so the powder doesn't settle into your fine lines. The results are a smooth undereye.

Unfortunately, Laura's products aren't exactly budget-friendly. Both the Secret Concealer and the Secret Brightening Powder are $22. But trust me, you're going to want to "keep" Laura's Secrets in your makeup bag for a long time!

No comments: