Friday, January 12, 2007

Love those lips...

I'm a gloss-a-holic. I love the way lip gloss looks, feels, and sometimes, even smells! In fact, in the last few years, my gloss collection has more than doubled. As a typical makeup junkie, I have certain high-end brands that I adore - Stila, NARS, Lancome (I could go on and on). But seriously, I can't afford to support my gloss habit at $20 a pop.

So in my financially-strapped times, I head to my local drugstore to scout for new products. Honestly, more often than not, I'm sorely disappointed with what I pick out (an example that comes to mind is Sonia Kashuk's gloss - I was not impressed).

However, I recently scored a fabulous find in Maybelline's Lip Polish. I chose a medium pink shade with a hint of salmon, aptly named "Girly Pink." For only $5.49, I figured it was worth a shot.

Worth a shot, it was indeed! The gloss is creamy and smooth, and just sheer enough. The color isn't too garish, as I initially worried it might be. Rather, it's the perfect shade of...well, girly pink. It has zero tackiness, and some serious shine power. And with a sleek design, it looks more like Clinique's Glosswear for Lips than Maybelline.


I assure you, this gloss will not disappoint. And at only $5.49 per tube, you can easily afford to own all 14 shades.

No comments: